Learn more about our Top Seller programme in our professional seller guide.
Benefits and rewards
- Save 15% on success fees, high volume listing fees, Gallery, Feature, Feature Combo and Super Feature promotional extras.
- Top Sellers are charged 1.65% (instead of 1.95%) of the total purchase price when receiving Pay Now or Ping payments.
- A 'Top Seller' label on member details page, Stores page, and all general item listings.
- Maximum success fee of $296.65 (i.e. $349 with a 15% discount).
- The ability to add YouTube videos to listings (a listing tool must be used).
Savings are automatically paid into your Trade Me account at the end of each day. You can filter these by 'Top Seller discounts'. We’ll also email you a weekly summary of your savings.
To automatically qualify for Top Seller status, you must:
- Be 'in trade'.
- Have had at least 60 sold items, or have made at least $10,000 in sales over the past six weeks.
- Have a 98% or higher positive feedback rating.
- Have a sell-through rate of at least 10% over the past six weeks. Your sell-through rate is calculated by total purchases / (total purchases + total unsold listings). Sell-through rates are rounded to the nearest whole number.
Only Marketplace listings count towards your Top Seller qualification criteria. 'Car parts & accessories' and 'Business, Farming & industry' are considered Marketplace categories.
Top Seller status is re-checked automatically every six weeks. Top Seller status can't be put on hold.
Trade Me may also provide invited clients and members with Top Seller status at its sole discretion.
Top Seller support
As a Top Seller, we prioritise your support requests – you can send us a message, or get in touch with us via live chat.
How do I apply for a success fee refund, or partial success fee refund?
If you’ve refunded a buyer’s Ping purchase – your success fee is automatically refunded.
A trade hasn’t worked out – can I refund the buyer?
I’ve received feedback that I think is unfair – what can I do?
If you believe you’ve received unfair feedback, you can dispute it.
A buyer has filed a dispute against a trade – what can I do?
If a parcel goes missing, it’s your obligation as a seller to resolve this for the buyer. A refund is an easy way to resolve a non-delivery – you can then work out your claim directly with the carrier. If an item is ‘not as described’, it’s also the seller’s obligation to resolve it. Depending on the situation, any issues should be resolved with a replacement, refund, or repair.
If you're a professional seller, you may be eligible for our Top Seller programme.