Create a business membership
Find out if you might need to be using a business membership. We'll show you how to set one up, and what it means to be an 'in-trade' seller.
Businesses based in Aotearoa and Australia can sign up online, in just a few clicks.
We'll show you how to do this, so you can get your business selling on Trade Me.
What does a business membership do?
Having a business membership shows buyers that you're a professional seller. You need to do this if you're selling goods that were bought with the intention to sell them.
- In-trade sellers have additional trading obligations.
- flag is turned on.
- Success fees are charged differently.
Getting set up
To get started, you'll need to either create a new business membership, or change your existing personal membership to business.
We recommend creating a new business membership – as personal and business trades must be kept separate.
- Select Register from the home page.
- Select and fill out the application. Your email address and username need to be different from your personal account.
- We'll send you a confirmation email. Select Verify your account to activate your membership.
Note: this is permanent and can't be undone.
- Check that your email address doesn't have any spaces.
- Make sure your phone number is formatted correctly, with the right prefix (e.g. 021, 027, etc.) selected.
- If you've already had an account with us before – you'll need to log into your original membership instead.
- Haven't received your confirmation email? Try our troubleshooting tips.