Drop shipping policy
Trade Me allows approved sellers to drop ship – check out our drop shipping policy.
Learn about drop shipping on Trade Me, and how to apply.
What is drop shipping?
Drop shipping is when a seller sells goods that they don’t possess or own. When the goods are sold, the seller arranges for them to be shipped to the buyer directly from the supplier. The seller may never see the goods.
Can I drop ship?
We want Trade Me to be a safe and trusted platform.
- By default, drop shipping isn't allowed on Trade Me – sellers must have the goods in their possession.
- Members who drop ship without written approval from us will be restricted or disabled.
- We'll consider allowing some sellers to drop ship – but they must be pre-approved to do so.
- We have a strict vetting process, and consider things like previous experience and feedback.
How to apply
- Must be marked as 'in trade' – learn how to do this.
- Minimum of 1,500 trades – or demonstrated experience outside Trade Me, including drop shipping experience.
- No recent instances of non-delivery, or breaches of intellectual property or product safety rules, or other general breaches of our terms and conditions.
- Fill out an application form:
– Provide your Trade Me username.
– Describe your business model.
– Tell us where your stock is physically located.
- Our Trust & Safety team will review your details.
- We'll let you know the outcome in 5-10 business days.
- If approved, you'll need to sign a separate agreement with us – over and above our standard terms and conditions.
Rules for drop shippers
Approved sellers must:
- Only offer payment via Ping or Afterpay – for added security.
- State the origin of the goods and the estimated delivery timeframes.
- Accept any responsibility for returns or faults, and will not defer the buyer to the supplier.
See our drop shipping terms and conditions for more info.