General Marketplace photo policy and guidelines
This policy applies to all 'in-trade' sellers on Trade Me, but it's a good guide for casual sellers too.
Non-compliance could result in us removing photos/videos, or hiding listings in search results until images comply.
Āe / Yes
- Large, clear images of the item for sale.
Small, transparent watermarks (ownership or attribution only) – up to 5% of image area, at least 50% transparency.
- Photos clearly show any product flaws or defects.
- Other items in the photo are only there to help the buyer.
- Videos comply with the Marketplace video terms and conditions (video available to Top Sellers only).
- Images you own, or have permission from the owner to use.
Kāo / No
- Main photo doesn't show the item for sale.
- Watermarks, logos, artwork, photo borders or text conveying messages (e.g. low stock availability or other marketing).
- Watermarks/logos larger than 5% of image area, or less than 50% transparency.
- Contact details, website addresses or any other branded marketing.
- Images that breach Intellectual Property Rights (e.g. images found online).
- At least 500px on any one side
- Up to 5MB
- PNG, JPG, BMP, or GIF
Go to My Photos to see the dimensions of your images. In My Products or Tradevine, go to the product and click on the image.
You'll need to resize your image:
- Open the image in Preview.
- Select Tools > Adjust size…
- Adjust the dimensions or resolution to meet the specifications above.
- Select OK.
- Open the image in Photos.
- Select the ellipsis button in the top menu bar, and select Resize.
- Adjust the image quality to meet the specifications above.
- Select Save.