You can report listings or sellers who are breaching our terms and conditions by selecting 'Community Watch' at the bottom of every listing.
You can use Community Watch a bunch of reasons, which may include:
- Suspicious bidding patterns such as members bidding on their own auctions.
- Members who have contact details on their auctions.
- People trying to complete the deal outside of the auction process.
- Possible copyright infringement such as fake or pirated goods.
- An item is listed in the wrong category – we like a tidy site!
- An item is on Trade Me's Banned & Restricted list. If it’s unsafe or illegal to sell, let us know – we’ll remove it.
You can also let us know if you think an item listed is stolen property.
In your report, give as much detail as you can. The more evidence you add, the better we can understand your concern.
What happens after the listing is reported?
Due to the Privacy Act, we can't disclose the action taken on another member’s account.
If you have reported the listing and it is removed, you’ll be sent an email. If the listing is not removed, you won't be notified – that doesn't mean we haven't taken any action on your complaint, it just means we can’t discuss it with you for privacy reasons.
We love members who care about our community, and let us know when they think something might be wrong – it helps us, it helps others, and it helps to keep Trade Me a safe place to buy and sell.