Afterpay enables buyers to purchase items and receive them straight away – while paying them off in four fortnightly interest-free payments. Sellers get paid up front.
Afterpay is only available across Marketplace categories.
Afterpay for sellers
To be eligible for Afterpay, sellers must register for Pay Now and have a positive feedback rating of 98% or higher.
When a buyer pays with Afterpay, the seller is paid within 3 business days. Afterpay organises payment with the buyer.
You can use Afterpay as a payment option, when listing on the desktop site, on listings valued up to $1,500.
Note: a fee of 4.95% of the total purchase, including shipping costs, is charged. This fee is additional to any success fees you incur on a sale.
Afterpay for buyers
To be eligible for Afterpay, buyers must:
- live in NZ
- be at least 18 years old
- be capable of entering into a legally binding contract
- have a valid and verifiable email and mobile number
- use a NZ debit or credit card to make the purchases.
Afterpay is free for buyers, providing you pay instalments on time. Afterpay set individual credit limits per user.
Afterpay is covered by Buyer Protection.
Pet & animal categories that are auctions are available for Afterpay.
Categories that require the buyer to have a feedback rating of at least 2, to offer Afterpay:
- Parts & accessories categories for Cars, Boats & marine, Caravans & motorhomes, Motorbikes and trailers
- Car stereos
- Electronics & photography
- Jewellery (under Antiques & collectables)
- Mobile phones
- Royal family
Marketplace categories that permanently restrict Afterpay:
- Alcohol related
- Businesses for sale
- Earthmoving machinery
- Food & beverage
- Forklifts & pallet movers
- Harvest & post-harvest
- Horses & ponies
- Hunting & shooting
- R18 - Adult
- Trailers & transportation
- Events & activities
The ins and outs of Afterpay, and how it can be used as a payment method.