Learning about the item and the seller
We've got tools that help you learn more about the seller, and the item you're purchasing.
Learn about the item and seller, to make an informed decision about your purchase.
Questions & Answers
To ask the seller a question, scroll down to 'Questions & Answers' and select Ask a question.
- Available on all Marketplace and Motors listings.
- The seller is notified when you ask a question.
- When the seller responds, you'll be notified and the question and answer will appear on the listing.
- Contact details aren't allowed in the Q&A – to keep Trade Me a safe place to buy and sell.
Questions aren't visible until the seller answers, or the auction closes.
Questions are visible immediately.
The seller hasn't replied to my question
We notify the seller when a question is asked. While it's not compulsory for them to respond, it's in their best interest to answer your question.
Email the seller
With classified listings (asking price), you can send the seller an email right from the listing.
- Your private enquiry is sent directly to them via Trade Me.
- They'll be provided with your email address so they can get back to you.
Other seller info
- Every member has a feedback rating.
- The higher the rating, the more members they've successfully traded with.
- Members who are Authenticated have one or more red stars next to their username and/or feedback rating.
Seller's other listings
- To view other listings from the same seller – find 'About the seller' on their listing, then select Seller's other listings.