We expect contact within two working days – and payment within a week.
Here are some tips to help the trade run smoothly:
- Check your junk or spam folder in case emails are there.
- Check that you're using their correct email address. This can be found from your 'Sold' page.
- Send through your contact number so the buyer can get in touch another way.
- Spam filters can block emails automatically – check your email settings to make sure nothing has slipped through.
We can help
If you’re having issues closing the trade, we have a process in place to assist:
- Head to your 'Sold' page via 'My Trade Me' from the desktop site.
- Find the listing in question, select the title.
- Under the 'If the sale falls through...' select 'Let us know'.
- Enter details of what happened and select click 'Next'.
We'll then email the buyer and once we hear back, or after a maximum of three days, we'll email you the outcome.
You can only access this process for 40 days after the listing closes.