- Sellers can set a start price and specify a reserve. A Buy Now can also be added.
- Members place bids.
- If the reserve is met, the highest bidder is the winner. If the Buy Now is accepted, the auction will close right away.
Classified sales happen off-site, and are used for property, motors, certain machinery and animals.
- Sellers create a listing and set an asking price.
- Interested members contact the seller directly.
- Once an agreement has been reached, the seller withdraws the listing.
- Advertisers set up a listing to offer services.
- Members contact advertisers directly.
- Members can review their experience.
Multiple Quantity Listings (MQL)
If sellers have more than one of the same item, they can set up an MQL. These are Buy Now only, and shipping can be charged per order or per item
- Select 'Buy Now only' when creating a listing.
- Enter the amount you have in the 'Quantity available' box.
|General Marketplace||Up to 10 days|
|DVD catalog||Up to 14 days|
|Motors car listings (from 3 May 2019)||Up to 90 days|
|All other vehicles||Up to 14 days|
|Jobs||Up to 30 days|
|All property for sale/lease||Up to 30 days|
|Flatmates wanted/all property for rent||Up to 14 days|
|Services||Up to 90 days|
If a bid is placed within the last two minutes of an auction, it will auto extend by two minutes.
Check out the listing length for members who are part of the trial group for listing 10+ cars a year.
For Motors car listings, the maximum duration is 14 days for members who have listed seven or more cars in the previous 12 months or are Dealerbase users.