How to close your account
You’ll need to get in touch with us to close your account.
What happens when you close your account?
- You can’t use Trade Me anymore.
- Feedback you’ve received is no longer visible.
- Your member profile becomes invisible to other members.
- You’ll be refunded your remaining Trade Me account balance, less a $5.00 processing fee.
- Your site history is kept for at least seven years, as required under the Tax Administration Act, and the Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act.
- There are some instances where we’ll consider deleting personal information, taking into account security considerations and our legal obligations.
- If you close your account and then decide to reopen it down the track, get back in touch with us.
For more info, check out our privacy Help page.
Thank you for your feedback!