Accessing your information on Trade Me
As a member, you have a right to access the personal information we hold about you. Your right to access this information comes from Information Privacy Principle 6 of the Privacy Act 1993. You also have a right to seek correction of any information we hold that is out of date or incorrect.
Below is an example of the kind of info we hold:
- your username
- your recorded name as the account holder and any edits
- your recorded phone number(s) and any edits to this
- your recorded address and any edits to this
- the date of your last login
- the date your membership was created
- your recorded delivery addresses and any edits to this
- recorded credits and debits to your membership
- your account balance
- an overview of listings that you have run, including: listing ID, title, reserve price, Buy Now price, purchase price, date of purchase, and buyer username
- an overview of listings won, including: listing ID, title, reserve price, Buy Now price, purchase price, date of purchase, and seller username
- the date of your account logins to our desktop site
- recorded classified emails to other members regarding your membership.
Note: the list above outlines the most commonly requested and readily accessible member information we hold, but is not exhaustive. Members may request other information which may include their personal information.
In some cases we may redact or withhold information to ensure what’s released doesn’t compromise an ongoing investigation by a government agency, create a security risk, or prejudice Trade Me’s commercial position.
Sometimes we’ll also need to charge for the supply of information. For example, if the request is very broad and the information requested is likely to take significant time and resources to find and prepare. In these situations, we’ll get in touch to discuss your request and give you an estimate of the cost before doing anything.
If you wish to access your information, feel free to get in touch with us.
Deletion of Information
What happens once my membership is closed?
- You can’t log in or use Trade Me anymore.
- Your feedback is generally removed from the site after 45 days (unless the member has requested the account closed).
- Your member profile also becomes invisible to other members.
What happens to my personal information, can you just delete it?
We generally retain your history of using the site, as under the Tax Administration Act we need to retain financial information for at least seven years, meaning we can’t just delete your transactional history straight away.
The Secondhand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act also requires certain details of any person offering secondhand items for sale to be retained for 12 months. For business purposes, we need to retain details of our own agreements with members who have registered with us and accepted our terms and conditions.
We also need to be able to use information for security purposes. For example, a person who's been sell-banned for not delivering an iPhone may ask for their account to be closed, with the intention of creating a new account and getting around our systems. We need to be able to see their previous activity on the site to help resolve any issues that may arise, and help prevent them from being a mischief-maker in the future.
There are instances where we’ll consider deleting personal information though. These are looked at on a case-by-case basis, taking into account any security considerations and our legal obligations to retain certain information.
If you do want to close your account and delete any personal information, please get in touch.