Check out the different ways you can search, including filtering and searching for expired listings.
If you're looking for tips and tricks on finding the perfect listing – check out our guide.
You can filter search results by:
- Location (including region and district)
These results can then be filtered by:
- Payment type
- Free shipping
Expired listings search
You can search for expired listings on our desktop site by clicking the down arrow to the right of the magnifying glass on the search bar and select 'Search expired listings'.
- From the home page, select the down arrow to the right of the magnifying glass, next to the search bar.
- Follow the prompts and search the expired listing’s details.
- Use quotes " " to find an exact phrase, e.g. "Bob the Builder"
- Use an asterisk * to search a partial word, e.g. Tea cup* matches cup, cups and cupboard
- Use an uppercase ‘OR’ between two search terms to find either one of the terms, e.g. Canon OR Nikon will give you results for either one of those brands. You can also use a pipe ‘|’ to perform this function, e.g. Canon | Nikon
- Use an uppercase ‘NOT’ with two search terms to find the first term but ignore the second term, e.g. iPod NOT shuffle will give you results for iPods but exclude references to shuffle. You can also use a minus sign ‘–’ immediately before the second term to perform this function, e.g. iPod – shuffle
- By default, Trade Me will find variations of search terms, e.g. fish will give you results for fish and fishing. Use a plus sign + immediately before a search term to find only that exact term, e.g. +fish