Search, filter & sort
Check out the different ways you can search, including filtering and searching for expired listings.
Learn more about searching for items on Trade Me, to find the perfect item!
Start your search
Enter a search phrase into the search bar.
Find expired listings by selecting Search expired listings from the 'Refine' list.
To filter your search, select from the top of your results.
Results can be refined by:
- Location (including region and district)
- Price (selected categories only)
- Payment method
- Buy Now available
- Clearance items
- Condition (new or used)
Other filters are available to refine your search, depending on the category.
To sort your results, select from the top of your results.
Results are sorted by 'Best match' by default.
- Featured first
- Lowest/highest price
- Lowest/highest buy now
- Most bids
- Latest listings
- Closing soon
- Title (A–Z)
- Largest discount
How search rankings work
- Use quotes " " to find an exact phrase, e.g. "Bob the Builder"
- Use an asterisk * to search a partial word, e.g. Tea cup* matches cup, cups and cupboard
- Use an uppercase 'OR' between two search terms to find either one of the terms, e.g. Canon OR Nikon will give you results for either one of those brands. You can also use a pipe '|' to perform this function, e.g. Canon | Nikon
- Use an uppercase 'NOT' with two search terms to find the first term but ignore the second term, e.g. iPod NOT shuffle will give you results for iPods but exclude references to shuffle. You can also use a minus sign '–' immediately before the second term to perform this function, e.g. iPod – shuffle
- By default, Trade Me will find variations of search terms, e.g. fish will give you results for fish and fishing. Use a plus sign + immediately before a search term to find only that exact term, e.g. +fish