User Experience research and conditions
Trade Me Limited (Trade Me, we, us etc) runs surveys and conducts other research to collect information about our users and how they use our websites. We do this to get your input into what Trade Me is doing and to help us to keep making things better.
How we collect your information
From time to time we may also use external research agencies like TRA to assist us with our surveys, and TRA may engage the services of specialised survey providers, like Dynata (which is based in the United States, but has an office in Auckland). In addition to hosting the survey, collecting answers and making the answers available to us, they may also help us produce models and reports based on those answers. However, TRA, Dynata or any other third party provider will never use that data for their own benefit. When you provide answers through a survey hosted by Dynata, Dynata’s website terms and conditions apply.
We may also ask you to participate in other types of research, including user testing and interviews. By agreeing to participate in user testing or interviews, you consent to use recording our session with you. We may use and share that recording internally for purposes connected with the research and to improve Trade Me’s business and services.
As part of this research, we may ask you to provide personal information (such as an email address or phone number). It’s up to you whether you provide this information. We may also collect personal information that you volunteer during the research.
How we hold your information
If we offer a prize for completing a survey the following terms and conditions apply:
- To enter the draw to win you must complete the survey.
- The winner (or winners) will be randomly drawn from people who complete the survey and will be notified by email.
- Trade Me reserves the right to draw another winner if an initial winner does not respond within 7 days of the date we sent the notification that they’d won.
- You agree that if you win we can use your first name to announce you as the winner (for example, in a Trade Me newsletter, in a Trade Me media release, on Trade Me social media sites and/or on a Trade Me site).
- You can only enter the prize draw once, regardless of how many times you have completed the survey.
- Trade Me staff and their families are not eligible to win any prize draw.
- Trade Me’s decisions regarding the prize draw are final, and to the maximum extent possible at law, you agree that Trade Me has excluded all liability in relation to this promotion.
- Trade Me reserves the right to substitute prizes at any time, without notice to you.