Job listing policy
Our Jobs listings policy.
We want Trade Me Jobs to be a fair and respectful place for all.
When posting your job listings, please follow these policies:
- One job per listing: Each listing should represent one job vacancy only.
- Individual Employment: List opportunities for individual employment, not franchise or business opportunities.
- Specific vacancies: Your listings should represent actual vacancies, not potential or future opportunities.
- Relevant category: Make sure to list your job in the most relevant category.
- No duplicates: Avoid duplicating listings in the same category. You can narrow it down to a sub-category.
- If your job fits multiple categories or is both permanent and part-time, it's okay to post more than once to cover all bases.
- No External Links (except under a volume plan): In most cases, please don't include links to external sites. Exceptions are allowed under a Volume Plan agreement for a specific role's online application.
- Legal and decent: All listings must be legally compliant and consistent with common decency.
- Overseas Jobs: If you're posting a job outside New Zealand, make sure to state the location clearly in the title. The chosen location should be the catchment area for recruitment.
- No adult listings: Listings for adult services like escort and pole dancer vacancies are not permitted.
Please note that Trade Me doesn't audit documents sent through the 'Apply online' feature. We can't guarantee they'll be free from harmful programs like viruses or trojans.