Hunt for the Hundy terms and FAQs
Terms & Conditions
The ‘Hunt for the hundy’ giveaway (Giveaway, and Hunt for the Hundy ) is run by Trade Me Limited (Trade Me, we and us).
Acceptance of these terms: By entering into the Giveaway, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not enter the Giveaway and you are not eligible to redeem the Prize. Trade Me reserves the right to vary, suspend or terminate these terms and conditions, the Giveaway or the Prize at any time, without notice to you.
1. Eligibility: Entry is only open to New Zealand residents who
(a) are 18 years and over, and
(b) have an active Trade Me membership. If you don’t already have Trade Me membership, you can create one.
Directors and staff of Trade Me, its related bodies corporate and any agencies or companies associated with Trade Me or the Giveaway are not eligible to enter.
2. Giveaway period: The Giveaway opens at 09:00 am on 08 November 2023 (NZST) and closes at 5:00 pm on 08 December 2023 (NZST) (Closing Time).
3. How to enter: To enter the Giveaway and be in to win, you must:
(a) Have an active Trade Me membership. If you don’t already have one, you can create one.
(b) Login to Trade Me.
(c) Find each Landmark Listing on Trade Me Property by using the clues we post on the Hunt for the Hundy web page. We may also promote the clues on social media (including on our Facebook and Instagram stories) or communicate them in other ways like email or notifications to Trade Me members.
(d) Add each Landmark Listing you find to your watchlist before the Closing Time.
(e) There will be a different Landmark Listing for each day of the Giveaway. We will post a new clue each day for that day’s Landmark Listing. You may enter the Giveaway once for each Landmark Listing, and each Landmark Listing you add to your watchlist before the Closing Time will count as one entry (Entry). That means you may enter up to 31 times.
(f) Trade Me will not be responsible for any late, incomplete or lost Entries, including any Entry not received due to technical problems or delay by Trade Me or Trade Me’s staff.
‘Landmark Listing’ means a listing we create and list on Trade Me Property as part of the Giveaway. Each Landmark Listing will be for an iconic landmark in Aotearoa, and could be a building, a place, an institution or other type of landmark - in each case listed on Trade Me Property in what we consider is the most appropriate location. You will know you have found the Landmark Listing of the day from the listing photos.
4. Emails and electronic communications: By entering the Giveaway you agree and consent to us sending you electronic messages, including emails, related to the Giveaway. For example, we may send you an email to confirm you have successfully entered the draw, or we may send you an email with the clue of the day. Emails will have an ‘unsubscribe’ option where required by the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
5. Prize and payment of the Prize: There will be one winner. The winner (Winner) will receive NZD$100,000 cash (Prize). The Prize will be paid into a New Zealand bank account nominated by the Winner, within a reasonable timeframe as determined by Trade Me. To claim the Prize, the Winner may be required to provide Trade Me with additional information, such as a copy of their ID and evidence of their New Zealand bank account number. If the Winner does not provide such information within 72 hours of Trade Me requesting it, the Winner forfeits the Prize and Trade Me reserves the right to select another winner at random.
6. Winner notification and announcement: Trade Me will select a Winner at random, the Winner will be the first eligible and valid Entry randomly selected from all eligible Entries. Trade Me will notify the Winner within 72 hours of the random selection taking place, using the contact details registered with your active Trade Me membership. If the Winner does not respond or otherwise make contact with Trade Me within 72 hours of the notification, the Winner forfeits the Prize and Trade Me reserves the right to select another winner at random.
7. Publicity: Entrants agree that if they are the Winner:
(a) they will make themselves available for the preparation of all publicity that Trade Me may require and agree to being photographed for this purpose;
(b) they grant Trade Me permission to use their name, character, photographs, videos, voice and likeness for advertising, promotion and marketing purposes; and
(c) they will not be entitled to any fee or compensation in connection with such publicity.
8. Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Trade Me shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever arising from the Giveaway (including but not limited to any direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or incidental loss or damages). Trade Me’s liability to any entrant, Winner or third party will be limited in any circumstances to a maximum for all claims up to the value of the Prize.
10. Further terms:
(a) Trade Me’s decisions regarding all matters relating to the Giveaway, including Trade Me’s decision regarding Winners, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
(b) The Winner will be solely responsible for any tax or other costs associated with the Prize.
(c) The Prize cannot be changed, transferred, or assigned.
(d) The Giveaway is solely operated by Trade Me and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any third party.
(e) We may verify the eligibility of entrants, and reserve the right to disqualify any entry or refuse to award the Prize where we believe an Entrant is in breach of these terms and conditions or has been fraudulent or dishonest.
(f) The Trade Me terms and conditions (as amended from time to time) apply with all necessary modifications to the Giveaway.
Can I remove the property from my watchlist and watchlist it again for another entry?
No, no matter how many times you watchlist the same property, it will only count as one entry.
If I remove the property from my watchlist am I still in the draw?
You sure are. As long as you’ve watchlisted the iconic landmark listing of the day at some point during the competition, you’re in the draw.
I’ve watched a property from yesterday or last week, does that still count as an entry?
Yes, it does. If you watchlist any of the iconic landmark listings between 8 November – 8 December they will count as individual entries into the draw. If you’d like to catch up, you can find all of the past clues here.
I can’t find today’s clue?
You can find today’s clue right here. You’ll also be able to see all of the clues leading up to today so if you feel like catching up on the hunt, you can find and watchlist all of the iconic landmark listings up until today.
You can also follow our Facebook and Instagram stories for your daily clue.
I missed yesterday’s clue, can I still search for an old listing?
You most definitely can. The iconic landmark listings will be live between 8 November – 8 December. You can watchlist any of them during the competition and they will count as individual entries into the draw. If you’d like to catch up, you can find all of the past clues here.
Will there actually be a winner?
Of course. One lucky Kiwi will receive $100k straight into their bank account before Christmas this year. What a great way to start the summer!
Why haven’t I been emailed today’s clue yet?
Each day you watchlist one of our iconic landmark listings we’ll email you the following day with your next clue. If you still can’t find today’s clue, no worries, you can follow our Facebook and Instagram stories for your daily clue or you’ll find all of the clues here.
Why are you doing this competition?
Trade Me Property has never done an onsite treasure hunt before and we’re all for trying new and innovative ways to engage our members.
This landmark is listed in the wrong suburb!
Right you are! Some of Aotearoa’s most iconic landmarks are located completely off the grid. And since there aren’t usually any properties in those areas, we don’t have the exact suburb match on Trade Me Property. We’ve instead added these landmarks to the closest possible option available.
How will this affect my property listing?
If anything, this competition will bring more people to Trade Me Property. Increasing the chances that other property listings will be viewed by a usually untapped audience.
What does 'hundy' mean?
Hundy is slang for hundred. Hunt for the Hundy literally means a hunt for a hundred thousand dollars but we thought that competition name doesn’t have quite the same ring as ‘Hunt for the Hundy’!
Where is today’s clue?
Clues will be posted mid-morning every day. The perfect activity for your morning tea break!
How do I know I’ve found the clue?
Think pink! You’ll know when you’ve found the listing because it stands apart from all of the other properties, on purpose. Plus it has a huge ‘Congratulations’ that you won’t find on any other property.
I’ve found the listing, what do I do now?
Ka pai! Add the listing to your Watchlist and you’ll be in the draw.
Where should I search?
All iconic landmark listings will be listed in residential property for sale.
I just CANNOT find the landmark listing of the day!
Make sure you’ve cleared any old search filters on Trade Me Property. They might be hiding new search results. If you're really stuck, keep an eye out for the next day's clue!