Ways to get paid
Learn about receiving payment via Ping, Afterpay, and sending payment instructions.
Find out how to receive money from the buyer for your sold item.
Ping & Afterpay
The goods should be sent once the buyer's payment shows in your Ping or Afterpay account.
- When the buyer has paid, the funds will be in your Ping account or Pay Now & Afterpay account.
- You'll receive their delivery address when they've paid.
- Items should be sent once the funds are in your Ping or Pay Now & Afterpay account – not once it's in your bank account.
- Let the buyer know once you've sent their item, and share any tracking info.
Payment not showing yet? We can help.
Bank deposit & cash
If the buyer is paying by bank deposit, don't send or hand over the goods until the money is in your account.
- Contact the buyer - to send them your bank account details, or receive cash on pick up.
- Any cash should be handed over in person – and never left outside or in a mailbox.
- The buyer can send their address through the site, or contact you directly.
Sending payment instructions
- Save your bank account details, to send to buyers when they win your auctions.
- Choose whether to send them automatically when the auction is won, or manually from your Sold items.
- Learn more about setting up payment instructions.
Problems receiving payment
- Buyers should make payment within a week, unless you've agreed on a different time frame.
- If you're having problems communicating with the buyer – we can help.
- Find out what to do if the buyer has pulled out of the sale.
- If you need to refund a buyer's Ping or Afterpay payment – find out how.
Buyer has paid the wrong shipping amount
- If the buyer needs to pay extra, contact them with:
- The extra they need to pay.
- Your bank account details, if you haven't yet provided these.
- If you're unable to reach the buyer, or they won't pay the correct amount – find out what to do.