Book a courier
Use Book a courier to send stuff around Aotearoa – even if you haven't sold it on Trade Me.
Your Trade Me Account is charged for any bookings you make, and you can top up your account via credit or debit card as you’re booking a courier.
Making a booking
- Package the item.
- Select ‘Sold’ or ‘Book a courier’ from ‘My Trade Me’ – follow the prompts to book your courier.
- Write the tracking number on the package – no need to print a label.
- We'll send tracking information to you – and your buyer, if you’re sending a Trade Me sale.
- The courier will pick it up from the address – you don’t even need to be there!
- PO boxes can’t be used for pick up or delivery.
- Some items can't be sent.
Make sure your item is securely wrapped so it won’t get damaged in transit. You don't need to use a postage included bag.
- Cardboard boxes, shoe boxes, or robust bags are good options. Wrapping in tissue paper or newspaper isn't suitable.
- If you’re packaging with a bag, make sure your parcel isn’t greater than 5 kg, and that the bag is the correct size.
- If you're sending in a box, it shouldn’t be heavier than 25 kg or excessively large.
- You aren't able to set up a booking to use pre-paid post shop bags.
- Your item must be packaged before it's picked up – Courier drivers don't have packaging materials to use on arrival.
- Max length: 150 cm
- Max weight: 25 kg
- Max volume: 0.125 m³
- Always package fragile items with extra protection.
- Marking a parcel as ‘fragile’ doesn’t guarantee it’ll be handled differently.
- All items should be packed well enough to be handled multiple times throughout the journey.
For more info, check the terms and conditions for your chosen courier – or contact them directly.
Help with making a booking
Enter a phone number that the courier can reach you on – if they have questions about the pick-up.
Select whether the parcel will be left unattended for the courier to collect.
When selecting unattended pick-up:
- Leave the item in a safe place.
- Enter clear pick-up instructions – so the courier can find it.
If you choose to leave an item for pick up unattended, Trade Me, NZ Post, and Aramex are not liable for loss or damage to the item until the courier has applied an electronic scan to the item.
Use Address finder to enter the delivery address.
If the postcode and suburb don’t match:
- Edit the delivery address using Address finder.
- Find the correct suburb or postcode and enter the address manually:
Enter an address manually:
- Start typing the address.
- Select ‘Can’t find your address?’.
Enter the full address.
Some rural addresses aren't serviced, but the vast majority of New Zealand is covered.
- All prices shown are estimates, until the delivery address is confirmed.
- The final price may differ – depending on the package, size, weight, recipient’s address, and service type (e.g. signature).
- If the final price is higher than your estimates, ask the buyer to pay the difference.
Find out how to send sold items, or something else, through 'Book a courier'.