Ways to pay
Sellers display their accepted payment methods under 'Payment options' on their listing. If you win, you'll need to use one of the displayed options to pay.
Don’t use instant cash transfer services such as Western Union, BidPay, MoneyGrams, money orders or send cash in the post – these services are untraceable.
Payment methods covered by Buyer Protection
- Afterpay – payment is split across four periods, only the first period is due at time of purchase.
- Pay Now
Other payment methods
- Cash on pick up – make sure you’re handing over cash in person.
- Online bank transfer – include the purchase number in the payment reference.
- Credit Card (not on Trade Me) – certain sellers may have offline facilities.
- Prezzy Cards (can only be used when paying with Ping).
Saved credit cards
You can save your card details, to make it easier when topping up your Trade Me account and paying with Ping.
We accept the following credit cards:
- American Express
Check out all of our available payment methods.